Sunday, February 24, 2008
Other kids
Only once and a while are we around kids who are described as "typical" or sometimes "A typical" kids to a point where we spend time w/them and get to observe how they act. However today was one of the days. Today was our turn to watch the kids during church. The kids are all about the age of E. E wasn't there today b/c he stayed the weekend w/his grandparents so today was a really good getting to observe other kids. I say all of this to say this b/c we are not around other kids we I guess you would say forget how other kids are and just assume that E behaves and talks and acts like a "typical" child. Then we go to church or where ever else it may be and sometimes it feels like such a slap in the face. It gets hard at times watching how other kids talk and tell you about everything and describe things and how they play. J and I discussed that after church how we wish E could talk to us like that. I know he will get there eventually the question is when?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know sometimes it gets discouraging when you see other children seemingly to pass E by but things aren't always as they seem. I know that someday you're going to look back and read this and wonder what you were so concerned about...not because E is like other children his age but because he has excelled and surpassed all of your expectations. Keep the Faith...God is Good.
You know I feel the same way about T...obviously it isn't the "same" but I do get some of what you are feeling. We really need to get the boys together for playdates. I think it would be good for both of them! (((hugs)))
Post a Comment