Friday, September 19, 2008
Frustrating Thursday
The mailman who delivers in our neighborhood is always giving us the mail to the couple on the other street. So I told E that we could walk down to the park and he wanted to take some crackers and so we wrapped them up in a napkin. Well before we go we decided to go and give the couple on the next street over their mail (we had never met them). So we take it to them and they are really nice and she invites us in. Had a had it to do all over again I wouldn't have gone in. So we go and are talking and their house is so beautiful! My curious little dude starts making his way up there stairs! Now we have stairs in our house so it's not like he had never seen any before. I am trying everything I can to get him to come back down. He contiues and goes all the way upstairs I can't even see him. Keep in mind I don't even know these people. He gets up there and they have this little balcony area that you open the door in the room up there and you are on the balcony above where we are standing. So I am like "get down here now! " so he comes down and then proceeds down there hall and goes into one of their rooms and gets out there exercise ball and bounces it into the hallway. I am completely freaking outside all while trying to remain like I am sane person. I end up telling her about how he has AS and all not knowing what else to say. Finally after a while of me grabbing his hand to stay w/me, he trying to play the piano and then looking out their peephole and slamming it shut after I told him not to we went outside. Thank goodness we are back outside right everything should good. Right? Uh no. So we still talking b/c she comes outside to talk. So he pulls of a leaf from one of the bushes. I am like E don't do that. Well he then sees some girls playing so he runs over to them. They run away from him (he doesn't get it). Then these other two girls come over to him and the 2 that ran away join them and they start talking to him. They ask him what is in his napkin and they start naming stuff and one of them says it stinks is it poop. I am thinking come on why would he be holding poop and then one of them says pee. The whole time E is just shaking his head and and they are like can't you talk? This whole time the woman is still talking to me and I am just focused on what they are saying to him. So he motions for them to follow him and they do and he leads them to me. So one of the girls asks me can he talk? I was like yes. I said E say something to them. I think he said his name and some other stuff but he wasn't talking clearly so I didn't understand him and then the ring leader girl says why is he all motioning. I told them he had crackers in the napkin and he was trying to tell them it was a special treat. Not sure why he was saying that. Anyway so the girls are kindof walking away when I hear one of them say to the others creepy! My heart just sank. Of course he didn't know what they were talking about. He was wanting to play w/them and I guess he said something b/c I heard one of them say something about she was at the girls house to play so they have to play together. Then he follows the little girl across the street w/out even looking for cars!! So I told the lady we had to go and thankfully her phone started ringing so she had to go anyway. Needless to say we didn't make it to the park. After J got home we talked about it all and realized at some point we are going to have to discuss who are your friends and who aren't. There has only been one time I have ever told him that someone wasn't his friend and that was at Big Splash this summer when a little boy keep hitting him or something like that and E keep calling him his friend. I kept telling him a friend is not someone who hits you. He totally didn't get it though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awww...this was heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Kids are so mean sometimes.
I'm glad E didn't catch on to it though.
I'm so sorry that happened. Kids can be so awful. There is a little girl in Avery & E's class that tells Avery she isn't her friend almost every day. Thankfully, Avery doesn't seem upset by it but it makes me mad. Especially when she wants to be her friend again an hour later.
Ugh?! Kids, especially girls, at this age can be cruel. I'm glad that E was not that affected & keep being the good mom that you are to him. He will find a great friend who will be a blessing to him one day : )
I have an award for you on my blog! :)
OH that breaks my heart too. I am sorry :( It is good that he doesn't "get" how mean kids are - he is such a good kid and only sees the good in everyone.
(PS. Can you tell I am catching up on your blog? Sorry I haven't checked it in a while!)
Post a Comment